Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Full forms of words in a mat!

A couple of months back, I happened to stay at Hotel Suba International, located close to the International airport in Mumbai. Whilst having breakfast at this hotel, I happened to notice the paper tablemat, which seemed to be very informative. I took a picture of it, so that I can share it with all of my blog readers. It was interesting, as this mat seemed to demystify the meanings behind some of the commonly used words in our everyday life and provide the full forms for these words.

I am not certain whether these words were derived based on these interpretations. But certainly, the full forms of these words seem logical! Food for thought, for sure….

Here are some of the examples:
Words in a mat

CHESS: Chariot, Horse, Elephant, Soldiers

NEWSPAPER: North East West South Past and Present Events Report

EAT: Energy and Taste

COLD: Chronic obstructive lung disease

AIM: Ambition in mind

JOKE: Joy of Kids entertainment

DATE: Day and time evolution

PEN: Power enriched in nib

SMILE: Sweet memories in lip expression

TEA: Taste and energy admitted

BYE: Be with you everytime

1 comment:

Unknown said...


I get a lot of great information from this blog. Thanks for sharing this valuable information to our vision. You have posted
a trust worthy blog keep sharing.
Flats for sale in Manikonda Hyderabad