Out of curiosity, I watched the movie, Baahubali, last weekend, as my husband commented that it was a rage!
And was amazed at the magnanimous visuals of this movie. No wonder, this movie has become a craze or rather a rage in India and around the world!
|The main cast....|
Here are some interesting facts about Baahubali, which may convince you to watch this blockbuster movie:
1) It is the most expensive film produced in the history of Indian cinema – Rs. 200 crore! Everything about this film is made on a grand scale…
2) The film’s poster unveiled in Kochi, Kerala is the largest poster in the world and thus has created a Guinness world record!
3) The film was released on July 10, 2015 and beating all records, the film made Rs.165 crores (US $ 26 million) within the first three days of release.
4) In US, it collected a massive $1.3 million just on the first day!
5) It is the highest earning Indian movie!
6) The principal photography for this film began at Rock Gardens in Kurnool in Andhra Pradesh on July 6, 2013.
7) The director of the movie, SS Rajamouli, shot the waterfall sequence (the most appealing scene) for the movie for 109 days.
8) The trailer of this movie, released on June 1, 2015 received 1 crore views, on You Tube.
9) The film's satellite television telecast rights have been sold for a reported Rs 25 crore, the highest for a Telugu film ever.
10) Lahari, a Bengaluru based audio company have secured the audio rights (for the nine songs) of the film in Telugu and Tamil languages for Rs. 3 crore. The highest amount paid ever for any Telugu or Tamil film!
Note: 1 crore = 157, 000 USD (approximate)
Reference: The Times of India, Wikipedia.