Yesterday, I came across a NGO which does a great noble deed of helping feed the young children in schools and it is known as Akshaya Patra. Immediately, I was convinced about their goals and have joined their campaign of feeding over 1.3 million children across over 10,000 government schools every day!
Why do we need to donate?
- Up to 25 per cent of infants are born with low birth weight, which makes them predisposed to malnutrition and disease
- The roots of malnutrition lie in poverty, lack of education and inequality, so these problems need to be addressed with urgency.
Let us change this!
Why do we need to donate to this NGO? Check out some of the facts related to Akshaya Patra:
- Akshay Patra got ICAI Awards for Excellence in Financial Reporting for the year 2012-13.
- Since 1958, only 3 organizations (all categories) have been qualified to appear in the Hall of Fame (ICAI): Infosys, Nucleus Software and The Akshaya Patra Foundation. Amongst NGOs Akshay Patra is the first.
- As of now, serving wholesome food to over 1.4 million children from 10,661 schools across 10 states in India. Mission is to reach 5 Million by 2020. You can help the remaining ones.
- With the Target set for this campaign, about 1466 children can get meal for one whole year.
- Contribute Rs 750 (or multiple of Rs 750) to sponsor meals for one child (or multiple children) for a year
- Check how is your money spent: http://www.akshayapatra.org/how-your-money-spent
- You get a 100% Tax Exemption Certificate. Check why to donate: http://www.akshayapatra.org/why-we-need-your-support
A mother’s love is considered the purest form of love. That’s the kind of love that goes into making our food too. Watch our latest video, and share it with your friends. https://youtu.be/aNNQOzcMoHI
Do you know? For every donation of just Rs 750/-, a child is fed a healthy, tasty mid-day meal every school day, for an entire year!
So here are some questions we need to ask ourselves:
- How much does a Pizza cost? Rs. 150 – 800 ?
- How much does a weekend movie cost? Rs. 250 – 1000?
- What is the cost of the latest mobile? Rs. 5000 – 60,000?
- How much does our child's Birthday party and toys cost us? Rs. 2000 – 2,00,000
- Can we save some money to feed a child for a year? DEFINITELY YES!
Akshaya Patra’s mission is to provide ‘Food for Education’ to 5 million children by 2020. But we can only do that with your help.
This is my mission; your mission; our mission and India’s mission!