Bag review # 1
As my love for bags grows day by day, so does my love for lunch bags as I prefer to carry homemade lunch to work every day (isn’t it a healthy choice too?)
Two weeks back on my way to Warsaw for a business meeting, I happened to stop by a beautiful handicraft store at the Mumbai international airport. I could not stop myself from picking up a wonderful ‘newspaper themed’ jute bag – Jute News. And was pleased with the quality of the bag and to read its contents, which I have reproduced below for your perusal.
A wonderful array of tag lines adorn this bag like:
Connect with Nature.
Global Eco News.
Bring home a bit of Nature from Jute Cottage.
Jute is Environment friendly and 100 % biodegradable.
Keep nature intact. Use Jute.
Use Jute, save our Planet.
Jute ‘the Golden Fibre’
Here are some of the facts about Jute, listed on the bag:
- Jute Industry engages 4 million Farmers and 2,30,000 Workers.
- When jute sacks are disposed they are re-processed into yarn or felt, used as compost and landfill.
- Jute contributes US $180 million towards our foreign exchange earnings.
- Our food grains and sugar need 6,21,000 metric tons of jute to keep them safe.
- Jute grows well in low land. It requires plenty of rainfall. Jute grows most in India and Bangladesh.
These jute bags are marketed by Jute Cottage (which has a corporate office at Bangalore) whose punchline is: Jute is Cute! Bags are strong, functional, trendy, fashionable, re-usable and of course - CUTE.
It has launched its exclusive range of environment friendly Jute handbags, slippers, jewelry, table mats, wallets, purses, wall hangings, durries, corporate files and folders, stationary and table top accessories.
They also execute bulk made to order bags with customized company name and logo printing. For further details visit their website: www.jutecottage.co.in