Friday, July 10, 2009

Crochet and Me

A crotchet fan, an avid yarn lover. Yes, that's me. I guess I developed this liking for crotchet somewhere in the ninth standard, when we were taught crotchet during our craft classes in school.

From that time onwards, I have been making doilies, flowers etc. off and on. But after a gap of almost 15 years, this passion for crotchet has been rekindled in me. I have again started persuing this hobby with renewed enthusiasm.

Basically I think that this is a great hobby and in my view I crotchet for the following reasons:

a) Completing a crotchet project, like making a doily or an afghan, gives me a sense of accomplishment.

b) I can spend quality time without feeling that I am whiling away my time. Being a full time professions, I am habituated to do SOMETHING ALL the time !

c) Effective stress reliever, as by doing crotchet I can concentrate on completing the project and get immersed into it.

d) A means to express my creativity. Though in reality I am not a very creative person, but I do try my hand at working on a range of designs in varied colors and hues.

Ah ! Not to forget I have this pattern Acquisition Syndrome too and love to collect patterns in symbol crotchet in anticipation that some day (some day ....) I will be follow these patterns and make beautifil items out of yarn. I am currently on many such projects ! Some of the patterns in symbol crotchet have been posted here for easy reference.

I will post some of the photos of my crotchet projects too, in the forthcoming blogs.

Till then, Happy Crocheting !

No comments: